Dorcy K2 Luxeon LED Dive Light (41-1467) Flashlight

by

Dorcy (product number 41-1467) is based on Lumileds K2-180 Super Flux LED. Its output is 180 lumens of light. This hard anodized product is powered by 6 AAA batteries which provide up to 7 hours of continuous light using one fresh set of batteries.

Overall Appearance

This flashlight is a full-bodied aluminum alloy construction and is anti-corrosion. It is waterproof with extremely hardend and tough finish. The tactical head of this flashlight is little bigger than the barrel with built in 3 grooves on the lower edge of the barrel to make it good looking and to help give good grip when used underwater. The registered trademark “DORCY” is significantly marked on one side of the barrel. The tailcap has two built in holes for convenient lanyard/wrist strap.

dorcy-led-dive-flashlight-41-1467-body

Bezel / Head

The tactical head comprises of “twist ON and twist OFF” function. Just rotate the head of the flashlight to turn ON & OFF to operate it. A deep optimized reflector has been used for maximum light output. The lens is a bit dug in to provide protection in case anything rough hits directly; and also this helps the flashlight to be placed upside down. LED and its circuit are permanently fixed inside the head. Aluminum heat sink has been placed with the circuit to absorb the heat generated by the high power output LED to further improve it’s over all performance.

dorcy-led-dive-flashlight-41-1467-bezelhead
dorcy-led-dive-flashlight-41-1467-bezelhead

LED

The LED used in the flashlight is K2 Super Flux LED that offers high performance and it produces 180 lumens of the light output.

dorcy-led-dive-flashlight-41-1467-led

Output

The light generated by the flashlight is pure white. Its light throw covers submersible (IPX) to depth of 100 meters. The center spot covers around 80% of the light output while using the remaining 20% to provide a bright area around the center spot to illuminate a wide view sphere.

dorcy-led-dive-flashlight-41-1467-output
dorcy-led-dive-flashlight-41-1467-output

Tailcap

The tailcap is a part of the barrel and is unscrew able. The tail has two holes for convenient lanyard / wrist strap. Bottom of the tailcap is approximately 1cm dug in to provide enough space for the two holes for convenient lanyard / wrist strap.

dorcy-led-dive-flashlight-41-1467-tailcap

Batteries

6 AAA size batteries are required to run this flashlight. The flashlight uses a battery cartridge which has a place for 2 AAA size batteries on one side and 4 AAA size batteries on the other side.

For the batteries replacements unscrew the head. Take out the battery cartridge; replace the old batteries with new set of 6 AAA size batteries (Alkaline and NiMH). Please note the polarity of the cartridge while putting it back in the body tube. Place the head in its position. Press the head and screw it to make the flashlight ready for action.

dorcy-led-dive-flashlight-41-1467-batteries
dorcy-led-dive-flashlight-41-1467-batteries

Note: The head of this flashlight is very tight when you unscrew it for the first time.

Seals / Water Resistance

Two rubber O-ring in the body tube have been placed with a little gap between them to work as double seal. This makes it completely water resistant and has the effective function in deep waters. The head and barrel are both water resistant.

dorcy-led-dive-flashlight-41-1467-seals

Ergonomics

The body tube or barrel and the head have grooves which make it attractive and provides an over all solid grip. This flashlight is very handy especially for underwater operations and can also be used for most kind of flashlight usage.

dorcy-led-dive-flashlight-41-1467-ergonomics
dorcy-led-dive-flashlight-41-1467-ergonomics

Accessories

This flashlight comes with user/instruction manual and wrist strap packed in card board box.

dorcy-led-dive-flashlight-41-1467-accessories
dorcy-led-dive-flashlight-41-1467-accessories

Closeup Photos

dorcy-led-dive-flashlight-41-1467-closeup
dorcy-led-dive-flashlight-41-1467-closeup
dorcy-led-dive-flashlight-41-1467-closeup
dorcy-led-dive-flashlight-41-1467-closeup
dorcy-led-dive-flashlight-41-1467-closeup