Dorcy 6-WATT CREE LED Flashlight (41-4289)

by

Dorcy (product number 41-4289) is a tactical flashlight using high powered CREE Solid State Diode LED which produces 200 lumens of light. This solid and tough use product is powered by 3 AAA cells which gives you 3 hours of continuous light using one fresh set of batteries.

Overall Appearance

This flashlight is a full-bodied aluminum alloy construction which is hard and tough. The head of this flashlight is little bigger than the barrel with built in 6 grooves. The barrel of the flashlight has mercerized fiber like texture and the tactical tail switch also has the 6 grooves which further improves hand grip and rolling off on a flat surface. The brand name “DORCY” is written on one side of the barrel. The switch is permanently fixed in the tailcap.

dorcy-led-flashlight-41-4289-body

Bezel / Head

The head grooves prevent anti-rolling on smooth surfaces when this flashlight is place horizontally. It consists of a clear polycarbonate lens and a precision reflector system which originates strong, focused and bright long-range beam. The LED is properly centered in the reflector. The lens is recessed in the head to provide protection when the light is placed head side down.

dorcy-led-flashlight-41-4289-bezelhead
dorcy-led-flashlight-41-4289-bezelhead

LED

The LED used in the flashlight is one of the most High Powered CREE Solid Diode LED and is rated 6-WATT of power and produces 200 lumens.

dorcy-led-flashlight-41-4289-led

Output

The light produced by the flashlight is pure white with ignorable yellow tint. This yellow tint produces a high performance during practical usage. The light throw can go more than 100 feet (Distance reliant upon the eyesight of the user). The center spot concentrates around 80% of the light output while using the remaining 20% to provide a bright area around the center spot to light up a wide viewing area. It has a remarkable output as compared to it’s over all size.

dorcy-led-flashlight-41-4289-output
dorcy-led-flashlight-41-4289-output

Warning: Do not look directly into light, eyesight damage might occur.

Tailcap

The tailcap is dual mode and has two options. Clicking action offers a temporary activation of the light, For this press switch for transitory ON/OFF. For a steady use of the flashlight just screw down end cap until tight, light will be ON. The momentary activation switch is a plastic covered cap slightly emerging out of tailcap so as to prevent placing the flash light upside down.

dorcy-led-flashlight-41-4289-switch

Batteries

3 AAA size batteries required to run this flashlight. The flashlight uses battery carrier. The quality of the battery carrier is very much solid and the spring/coil are quite hard and hold the batteries tightly.

Unscrew the tailcap for the batteries replacement. Take out the battery carrier; replace the old batteries with new set of 3 AAA size cells (Alkaline and NiMH). Place the tailcap in its position. Screw it to make it is ready for action.

dorcy-led-flashlight-41-4289-batteries

Seals / Water Resistance

A rubber O-ring at both ends of the body tube protects the light from moisture or damp. The switch is completely water resistant and can be used in wet environment when both head and tailcap are screwed tightly.

dorcy-led-flashlight-41-4289-seals

Caution: Please don’t get me wrong and do not use it while swimming. After all a wet environment is not an under water environment :).

Ergonomics

The body tube or barrel has texture which makes it appealing, combined with the head and tailcap grooves also establishes an over all good grip. Use it anyway; this flashlight is very handy whether you hold it in formal style or in tactical style.

dorcy-led-flashlight-41-4289-ergonomics
dorcy-led-flashlight-41-4289-ergonomics

Accessories

This tough flashlight comes with 3 AAA cell Energizer LR03 Titanium batteries.

dorcy-led-flashlight-41-4289-accessories

Closeup Photos

dorcy-led-flashlight-41-4289-closeup
dorcy-led-flashlight-41-4289-closeup
dorcy-led-flashlight-41-4289-closeup
dorcy-led-flashlight-41-4289-closeup
dorcy-led-flashlight-41-4289-closeup
dorcy-led-flashlight-41-4289-closeup
dorcy-led-flashlight-41-4289-closeup
dorcy-led-flashlight-41-4289-closeup
dorcy-led-flashlight-41-4289-closeup
dorcy-led-flashlight-41-4289-closeup
dorcy-led-flashlight-41-4289-closeup
dorcy-led-flashlight-41-4289-closeup
dorcy-led-flashlight-41-4289-closeup